Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Reynolds, Ryan M" <Ry...@qwest.com> on 2005/08/04 15:29:20 UTC

WEBLOGIC and VELOCITY and NOT SERVLET

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am currently having problems with a module that is deployed as part of
an ear to a weblogic 8.1 cluster.  The deployment descriptor consists of
about eight modules, one EJB and two WAR's.  One of the WAR's is
providing my default welcome page and is written using struts and
velocity.  The other is just a timer.

Now, in one of the regular JAR'd up modules I utilize velocity to build
templates for interacting with a legacy mainframe using FCIF.  Anyway,
the templates are placed in the root of the module folder under
templates dir.  The velocity.props file is configured to use class
loader.  Works great in eclipse; even when running unittests from other
projects.

Here is the problem, when packaged as an EAR and deployed on the WL
cluster, the module cannot find it's template files.  Now, if I copy the
templates file in to the WAR file, the module has no problem locating
the templates.  I don't like this workaround.

The velocity jars are NOT in the class path, they are located in the
Application lib folder, the module lib folder and the war lib folder.

One thing to keep in mind when giving me suggestions is that once I
release and application with all of the deployment libraries,
config.xml, etc; I have no idea where it goes.  Nor do I have access to
the production box where it resides.  So if you suggest doing something
using a PATH; I can't.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Sincerely,

Ryan Reynolds