Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Pradeep Sanjeewa <gp...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/19 07:28:45 UTC

STM32F3 Discovery blinky tutorial error

Hi,

I'm trying to run blinky on STM32f3discovery board.
Then came across the following error

root@882b7271745c:/dev/myproj_stm32F3# newt build stmf3_blinky
Building target targets/stmf3_blinky
Error: Error reading
/dev/myproj_stm32F3/repos/mynewt_stm32f3/hw/bsp/stm32f3disc
overy/bsp.yml: open : no such file or directory
root@882b7271745c:/dev/myproj_stm32F3#

I browsed to the the bsp folder and there was no bsp.yml file.
What can be the issue?

p.s. : I'm using docker on windows.

Thanks and regards,
Sanjeewa

Re: STM32F3 Discovery blinky tutorial error

Posted by aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io>.
Hi Sanjeewa,

Basic port, yes.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-mynewt-core/tree/master/hw/bsp/ci40 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-mynewt-core/tree/master/hw/bsp/ci40>
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mynewt-core/tree/master/hw/mcu/mips/danube <https://github.com/apache/incubator-mynewt-core/tree/master/hw/mcu/mips/danube>

thanks,
aditi

Posted by Pradeep Sanjeewa <gp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sterling,

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pradeep,

On 20 Mar 2017, at 6:07, Fabio Utzig wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 20, 2017, at 09:09 AM, Pradeep Sanjeewa wrote:
>> Hi Fabio Utzig,
>>
>> I thought MIPS port is already implemented.
>> Imagination Technologies ci40 board is already ported to mynewt which
>> has
>> MIPS mcu.
>> Isn't it?
>>
>> Correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> Yes, there current supported MIPS CPU is a 24KEc family AFAIK, while
> the
> PIC32 is a M4K. While being both MIPS there are the arch differences
> and
> also being different manufacturers means different HAL. Using an ARM
> analogy, it would be like getting the STM32F4 port and trying to run
> on
> NRF51xx.

This is not to discourage you - we\u2019d love someone else working on the

Posted by Fabio Utzig <ut...@utzig.org>.
On Mon, Mar 20, 2017, at 09:09 AM, Pradeep Sanjeewa wrote:
> Hi Fabio Utzig,
>
> I thought MIPS port is already implemented.
> Imagination Technologies ci40 board is already ported to mynewt which has
> MIPS mcu.
> Isn't it?
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, there current supported MIPS CPU is a 24KEc family AFAIK, while the
PIC32 is a M4K. While being both MIPS there are the arch differences and
also being different manufacturers means different HAL. Using an ARM
analogy, it would be like getting the STM32F4 port and trying to run on
NRF51xx.

Cheers,
Fabio Utzig

Re: STM32F3 Discovery blinky tutorial error

Posted by Pradeep Sanjeewa <gp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fabio Utzig,

I thought MIPS port is already implemented.
Imagination Technologies ci40 board is already ported to mynewt which has a
MIPS mcu.
Isn't it?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks and regards,
Sanjeewa

Posted by Fabio Utzig <ut...@utzig.org>.
Hi Pradeep,

Posted by Pradeep Sanjeewa <gp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aditi,

I was just polishing up my memory to port mynewt to pic 32 bluetooth
starter kit.
Then I'll continue the nrf52 DK as a starting step.

Noted the following inconsistency as well. Have a look at it as well.
[image: Inline image 1]

Thanks and regards,
Sanjeewa

Posted by aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io>.