Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by "André R. Basel" <an...@basel.co.nz> on 2023/04/28 21:04:48 UTC

Removing /guacamole

Where do I go to change things so that I can browse to myguacamole.com:8080 instead of myguacamole.com:8080/guacamole? In making such a change am I potentially breaking something or making things less secure?

André

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.

Re: Removing /guacamole

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 11:02 PM André R. Basel <an...@basel.co.nz> wrote:

> Actually, I can now answer my own question. Everything is stored in the DB and as that did not change, nothing is lost :)

Ah, yes, I misunderstood your original question. The database
container should be separate from the Guacamole Client container, so,
yes, when you change configuration or update your client container,
you should not lose any of the settings, connections, etc.

-Nick

Re: Removing /guacamole

Posted by "André R. Basel" <an...@basel.co.nz>.
Actually, I can now answer my own question. Everything is stored in the DB and as that did not change, nothing is lost :)

Thanks again

André Basel
027 640 2527

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

Posted by "André R. Basel" <an...@basel.co.nz>.
Ok, thanks for that.

Re: Removing /guacamole

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Re: Removing /guacamole

Posted by "André R. Basel" <an...@basel.co.nz>.
Hi Nick

Perfect

so I just need to add the following?

-e WEBAPP_CONTEXT=ROOT

This will then start a new instance; how do I keep my current connections in the new docker instance?

Kind regards

Andre

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Re: Removing /guacamole

Posted by "André R. Basel" <an...@basel.co.nz>.
Do I add something like

  -v /home/myhome/quacamole:/opt/quacamole

And then put my war file there?

I have read that making any changes to docker results in a new instance so where do I find the the connection configs so that I can create -v link for them?

Kind regards

André

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

Posted by "André R. Basel" <an...@basel.co.nz>.
Hi @Mike, I like that approach.

Re: Removing /guacamole

Posted by Michael Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Re: Removing /guacamole

Posted by "André R. Basel" <an...@basel.co.nz>.
Hi Ivanmarcus

Thanks for this suggestion.

I took a look at the file structure and could now work out where this index file needs to be placed.

Kind regards

André

Re: Removing /guacamole

Posted by Ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.