Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Paulo Sergio <pa...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/28 18:43:56 UTC

how to turn modules off

Hi ,
i would like to know how to turn off some of james modules (avoid compiling
them and include them on the final package) how can i do this?
thanks a lot!

paulo f.

Re: how to turn modules off

Posted by Paulo Sergio <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,
it's fixed now! thanks a lot for helping!

paulo f.

Re: how to turn modules off

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: how to turn modules off

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: how to turn modules off

Posted by Paulo Sergio <pa...@gmail.com>.
hi,

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 6:39 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin <
robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 6:32 PM, Paulo Sergio <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Stefano,
>
> hi paulo
>
> > i just want what i need to receive emails, it's just to test another
> > application, not exactly to build anything, at least for now :)
> > Can you tell me what are the deployment files i need to change to remove
> the
> > modules?
>
> (i don't know if this is good enough for you but) you'll probably find
> it easier to use the standard build and then just configure JAMES so
> that the unwanted functions are never loaded.

yes you are probably right!

anyway i just did that and i get the folowing error (the code was check out
today):

Using PHOENIX_HOME:
/home/sergio/Desktop/JamesInstantPush/dist/james-server-3.0-SNAPSHOT/downloads/bin/james-server-3.0-SNAPSHOT
Using PHOENIX_TMPDIR:
/home/sergio/Desktop/JamesInstantPush/dist/james-server-3.0-SNAPSHOT/downloads/bin/james-server-3.0-SNAPSHOT/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:      /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.15
Running Phoenix:

Phoenix 4.2

There was an uncaught exception:
--- Message ---
Missing BlockInfo for class org.apache.james.imapserver.ImapServer
--- Stack Trace ---
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.interfaces.DeploymentException: Missing BlockInfo
for class org.apache.james.imapserver.ImapServer
    at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.DefaultDeployer.deploy(DefaultDeployer.java:379)
    at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployFile(DefaultEmbeddor.java:542)
    at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployFile(DefaultEmbeddor.java:535)
    at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployFiles(DefaultEmbeddor.java:520)
    at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployDefaultApplications(DefaultEmbeddor.java:509)
    at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.execute(DefaultEmbeddor.java:268)
    at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.run(CLIMain.java:198)
    at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.execute(CLIMain.java:184)
    at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.main(CLIMain.java:145)
    at
    at
    at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main.startup(Main.java:135)
    at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:84)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Missing BlockInfo for class
org.apache.james.imapserver.ImapServer
    at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.PhoenixComponentFactory.createComponentInfo(PhoenixComponentFactory.java:91)
    at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.containerkit.factory.DefaultComponentFactory.newBundle(DefaultComponentFactory.java:151)
    at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.containerkit.factory.DefaultComponentFactory.createBundle(DefaultComponentFactory.java:119)
    at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.PhoenixProfileBuilder.assembleProfile(PhoenixProfileBuilder.java:153)
    at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.PhoenixProfileBuilder.assembleSarProfile(PhoenixProfileBuilder.java:107)
    at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.PhoenixProfileBuilder.buildProfile(PhoenixProfileBuilder.java:95)
    at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.DefaultDeployer.deploy(DefaultDeployer.java:347)
    ... 14 more
rethrown from
[...]

The log file may contain further details of error.
Please check the configuration files and restart Phoenix.
If the problem persists, contact the Avalon project.  See
http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon for more information.
Shutting down Phoenix.

thanks,
paulo f

Re: how to turn modules off

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: how to turn modules off

Posted by Paulo Sergio <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefano,
i just want what i need to receive emails, it's just to test another
application, not exactly to build anything, at least for now :)
Can you tell me what are the deployment files i need to change to remove the
modules? i'm a bit lost on the build process :|..

thanks!
paulo f

Re: how to turn modules off

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.