Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Angeline Shen <An...@citrix.com> on 2013/02/07 22:49:50 UTC

OVS KVM support https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-101

This message is for  Hugo Trippaers   / Cloudstack-dev Community:

Hi Hugo:

1.            Per   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-101

       Show Hugo Trippaers added a comment - 21/Jan/13 16:41
       see branch "cloud-agent-with-openvswitch", documentation is part of the install guide

       please indicate URL for "install guide"  you referred to per your comment  above.

2.  Please provide URLs for OVS functional spec

3.            Search ing for Openvswitch configuration for testing with KVM.
Does above install guide include OVS configuration?

4.            Which Xenserver version has been tested with OVS?

5.  Which  KVM    ( 6.3    6.2)   version  should  ovs  be tested   with Cloudplatform?

Thanks

RE: OVS KVM support https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-101

Posted by Frank Zhang <Fr...@citrix.com>.
Thanks for explanation, happy to see it works with KVM

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hey Frank

Posted by Frank Zhang <Fr...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hello

Op 7 feb. 2013 om 22:49 heeft Angeline Shen <An...@citrix.com> het volgende geschreven:

> This message is for  Hugo Trippaers   / Cloudstack-dev Community:
>
> Hi Hugo:
>
> 1.            Per   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-101
>
>           https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-824
>
>        Show Hugo Trippaers added a comment - 21/Jan/13 16:41
>        see branch "cloud-agent-with-openvswitch", documentation is part of the install guide
>
>        please indicate URL for “install guide”  you referred to per your comment  above.

It is part of the CloudStack installation manual. The chapter on KVM was updated with the open vswitch details.

> 2.  Please provide URLs for OVS functional spec

There is none, haven't gotten around to writing one yet.

> 3.            Search ing for Openvswitch configuration for testing with KVM.
> Does above install guide include OVS configuration?

It provides a sample configuration in the installation documentation.

> 4.            Which Xenserver version has been tested with OVS?

I don't know which versions of xenserver support openvswitch, but I'm using 5.6, 6.0 and 6.0.2

> 5.  Which  KVM    ( 6.3    6.2)   version  should  ovs  be tested   with Cloudplatform?

I think you mean CloudStack :-)

KVM has no version numbers as far as I know. Most of the tests have been done on a gentoo system with a recent kernel and openvswitch 1.7.1 and libvirt 0.9.11

But centos 6.3 works as well, provided the libvirt has the correct version. I validated the procedures in the installation manual with a centos 6.3 system.

> Thanks

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Hugo