Posted to builds@apache.org by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org> on 2020/07/18 10:09:37 UTC

[ci-infra] - Plugin Installations

Hi All,

The other thread is getting a bit large, lets try and stop posting there.

For new plugin installation requests please either file an INFRA Jira
ticket or reply to this new thread.

Over the next couple of weeks, I will ensure plugins get installed timely
so you can continue testing the new system and getting your jobs
to work.

--
*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator

Re: [ci-infra] - Plugin Installations

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

Just to clarify, I want requests for plugins to be installed that you
actually use, and need for
your projects Jenkins jobs, not just because it existed on the old
builds.a.o and you saw it
not installed on the new. I'm sure there are plenty on the old Jenkins that
we dont need or
use any more.

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
Hi Gavin,

Apache Kafka uses "GitHub Pull Request Builder" for its PR builds. Would it
be possible to install this plugin? I migrated several jobs to the new CI
server and this plugin is all I need to complete the migration.

Thanks,
Ismael

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Lukasz,

post probably you are right :)
I have created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-20544 and it has
"validated merge" mentioned :)))

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: [ci-infra] - Plugin Installations

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
Thanks a lot, that works for me!

I have another problem, I don't see an option "Build pull requests to the
repository" in "Build Triggers" on the new Jenkins - I don't know which
plugin is this :(

Kind regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [ci-infra] - Plugin Installations

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
Hi Lukasz

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 3:47 PM Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>
wrote:

> I was able to configure JIRA sites on the folder level but once I hit
> a button "Validate Settings" I got the below exception, I assume some
> credentials are needed
> https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Struts/configure

Jira credentials added, try again

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
[...]

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Regards

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Gavin,

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: [ci-infra] - Plugin Installations

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
Hi Lukasz

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

--
(mobile)

Re: [ci-infra] - Plugin Installations

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
Hi Phil,

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 9:31 PM P. Ottlinger <po...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> not sure if it's a plugin but the new Jenkins seems to lack the
> "Abort if build is stuck" option, the old one had.

Fixed by adding the Build Timeout plugin :)

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Oh that damn async HTTP client library strikes again! Blame security
vulnerabilities there.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [ci-infra] - Plugin Installations

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi Gav,

--
Olivier Lamy

Re: [ci-infra] - Plugin Installations

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
Hi Olivier,

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi Gav

--
Olivier Lamy

Re: [ci-infra] - Plugin Installations

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi there, I've raised
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-20680 to request plugin
install for the "Publish xUnit test result report" post-build action.

Thanks,
Robbie