Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/08 06:42:01 UTC

Wicket Layout

Hi guys;

I think wicket is the best java web framework out there. However , i really
would like be to able to create a layout like this :
http://demos.dojotoolkit.org/demos/mail/

Does the current dojo integration support this. Is it possible to create
such a layout with vanilla  wicket?

regards.

Josh

Re: Wicket Layout

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
You are welcome.

Ernesto

Re: Wicket Layout

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ernesto.

Re: Wicket Layout

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.

Re: Wicket Layout

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ernesto

Re: Wicket Layout

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Josh,

Re: Wicket Layout

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ernesto
*
*
*Thanks. i will use the jquery-ui .
*

Re: Wicket Layout

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Josh,

Re: Wicket Layout

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I have put the code for creating a jquery based layout in here

http://code.google.com/p/wijqgrid/source/browse/#svn/trunk/wijqgrid/src/main/java/com/jquery/layout

<http://code.google.com/p/wijqgrid/source/browse/#svn/trunk/wijqgrid/src/main/java/com/jquery/layout>The
result can be seen here

http://code.google.com/p/wijqgrid/wiki/ScreenShots

<http://code.google.com/p/wijqgrid/wiki/ScreenShots>Best,

Ernesto

Re: Wicket Layout

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lionel,

For the time being I think I'll put anything I do on a google code project
and keep you (core devs) informed of things I add.

Best,

Ernesto

Re: Wicket Layout

Posted by Lionel Armanet <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Wicket Layout

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Cemal,

I successfully installed the demo application and studied it a bit... As a
conclusion I can say I wouldn't mind adapting  "my contributions" to follow
the standard you have defined for contributing plugins (IWiQueryPlugin).

> The link to ODLabs' WiQuery layout demo (from our last London Wicket
> Event) showing WiQuery layout was mentioned on another thread [1] so I
> didn't repeat it here. Also note a subsequent post there stating the

Maybe it would be useful to split the code of this demo and take out the
plugins into a separate project? wilayout? So that people could use it on
their projects alongside wiquery jar?

> fact that you need to change the POM to point at 1.0 (not 1.0=m2) of
> WiQuery which might save you a bit of head-scratching.

Thanks! Can't it be fixed on SVN so that others do not face the same
problem?

> I think all this is for the general good and provides more options for
> Wicket developers (as long as all this stuff stays well out of the
> core!). On the other hand, if you like the way WiQuery does things, of
> course we can advance that further too, in a WiQuery Plugins project

we have been talking about introducing for exactly this sort of thing.

Maybe create another google code project similar to Wicket-stuff? So, that
core do not get polluted with such plugins and commit access is less strict.
As said I wouldn't mind using the conventions you have defined.

> I know that Lionel has been in touch with you and I am I look forward
> to having a chat on Skype soon, thanks for sending me your details.

Hope we can talk soon. Today in the morning I noticed your request on
Skipe:-(

Cheers,

Ernesto

Re: Urgent: Business Opportunity

Posted by Steve Olara <st...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hello All,

Sorry, about the mess up. This mail was ment for JWeekend but I by mistake sent it to all users.

My appologies.

Stephen

________________________________

Re: Wicket Layout

Posted by Cemal Bayramoglu <jW...@cabouge.com>.
Ernesto,

The link to ODLabs' WiQuery layout demo (from our last London Wicket
Event) showing WiQuery layout was mentioned on another thread [1] so I
didn't repeat it here. Also note a subsequent post there stating the
fact that you need to change the POM to point at 1.0 (not 1.0=m2) of
WiQuery which might save you a bit of head-scratching.

I think all this is for the general good and provides more options for
Wicket developers (as long as all this stuff stays well out of the
core!). On the other hand, if you like the way WiQuery does things, of
course we can advance that further too, in a WiQuery Plugins project
we have been talking about introducing for exactly this sort of thing.
I know that Lionel has been in touch with you and I am I look forward
to having a chat on Skype soon, thanks for sending me your details.

Regards - Cemal
jWeekend
OO & Java Technologies, Wicket
Consulting, Development, Training
http://jWeekend.com

[1] http://old.nabble.com/RIA-solution-based-on-wicket-to27399876.html#a27399876

Re: Wicket Layout

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lionel,

Re: Wicket Layout

Posted by Lionel Armanet <li...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Re: Wicket Layout

Posted by Andrew Lombardi <an...@mysticcoders.com>.
not sure about accordion or split panel, you can definitely split panels in various ways but to make them resizable would be more of a challenge.

Re: Wicket Layout

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.
Andrew ;

Re: Wicket Layout