Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Manjuka Gunaseekara <ma...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/30 09:18:21 UTC

XDP support

Hi Team,
We currently doing a POC to read some XDP forms and prefill it and convert
to PDF. We tried with your tool for PDF forms and saw it can prefill and
generate as PDF. So would like to see the same use case can be handled for
XDP. Let me know a way forward. Or if your current framework not supporting
this could you please let me know any third party to integrate with PDFBox
to get my use case completed.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you
Manjuka

Re: XDP support

Posted by "sahyoun@fileaffairs.de" <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

may I add to that.

If you have an XDP which is embedded in a PDF there is limited support
within PDFBox to support handling that i.e. you can get the XDP from
the PDF update it and put it back into the PDF.

PDFBox does not support creating a PDF from scratch from a pure XDP
file. One could create a stub PDF using PDFBox and embed the XDP in it
but only as dynamic XDP (i.e. all PDF elements are created at runtime
by supporting viewers such as Adobe Reader).

If what you are looking for is a PDF representation of the (rendered)
content of the XDP again PDFBox does not support that.

To get full XDP support you need to look for a commercial solution.
There are a number of vendors on the market.

Bottom line is that if you need to handle an XDP based workflow
(creation, filling, rendering, printing ...) PDFBox is not suitable for
your needs.

BR
Maruan

Am Samstag, dem 31.07.2021 um 15:51 +0200 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
> Am 30.07.2021 um 11:18 schrieb Manjuka Gunaseekara:
> > Hi Team,
> > We currently doing a POC to read some XDP forms and prefill it and
> > convert
> > to PDF. We tried with your tool for PDF forms and saw it can
> > prefill and
> > generate as PDF. So would like to see the same use case can be
> > handled for
> > XDP. Let me know a way forward. Or if your current framework not
> > supporting
> > this could you please let me know any third party to integrate with
> > PDFBox
> > to get my use case completed.
> > Looking forward to hearing from you.
> > Thank you
> > Manjuka
> >

> Hi,
>
> It's not supported, I don't know what it is (apparently some Adobe
> available elsewhere see if you can understand this format and
> construct
> something from our existing code.
>
> Tilman

Maruan Sahyoun

FileAffairs GmbH
Josef-Schappe-Straße 21
40882 Ratingen

Tel: +49 (2102) 89497 88
Fax: +49 (2102) 89497 91
sahyoun@fileaffairs.de
www.fileaffairs.de

Geschäftsführer: Maruan Sahyoun
Handelsregister: AG Düsseldorf, HRB 53837
UST.-ID: DE248275827

Re: XDP support

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 30.07.2021 um 11:18 schrieb Manjuka Gunaseekara:
> Hi Team,
> We currently doing a POC to read some XDP forms and prefill it and convert
> to PDF. We tried with your tool for PDF forms and saw it can prefill and
> generate as PDF. So would like to see the same use case can be handled for
> XDP. Let me know a way forward. Or if your current framework not supporting
> this could you please let me know any third party to integrate with PDFBox
> to get my use case completed.
> Looking forward to hearing from you.
> Thank you
> Manjuka

Hi,

It's not supported, I don't know what it is (apparently some Adobe
format), and I don't know what third party supports it. If nothing is