Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Lincoln Stein <ls...@cshl.org> on 2003/03/25 00:23:09 UTC

Re: shim silence in Apache::MP3

Hi Sean,

It sounds like a great idea, but it's not going to happen soon.  My first
priority is to get Apache::MP3 working with mod_perl 2.0 while maintaining
compatibility with mod_perl 1.0.    So much has changed between the two
versions that I've basically given up on maintaining all my mod_perl scripts
until I have a big chunk of free time (unlikely to happen soon, if ever).

Lincoln

lstein@cshl.org			                  Cold Spring Harbor, NY

Re: shim silence in Apache::MP3

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Lincoln Stein wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> It sounds like a great idea, but it's not going to happen soon.  My first
> priority is to get Apache::MP3 working with mod_perl 2.0 while maintaining
> compatibility with mod_perl 1.0.    So much has changed between the two
> versions that I've basically given up on maintaining all my mod_perl scripts
> until I have a big chunk of free time (unlikely to happen soon, if ever).

Looks like a good opportunity for folks who want to get up to speed with mp2
to help CPAN developers port their modules to 2.0. I'm sure Lincoln will
appreciate to get a patch that makes Apache::MP3, and his other modules work
with mp2. Lincoln, please correct me if I'm wrong ;)