Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Francisco de Assis Tristão <ch...@uspedra.com.br> on 2003/07/11 15:52:03 UTC

AuthenNTLM - Help

Frank,
please, i am trying to configure AuthenNTLM on a solaris 2.8 (SPARC)
machine. But i did not find any sample about how to configure
httpd.conf. May you help me? I had compiled apache 2 version 2.0.46 with
ssl suport (i am configuring it with mod_jk and Tomcat too). Do i need
to have mod_perl installed?
Thanks.

--
Francisco de Assis Tristão
Analista de Suporte - Usina da Pedra

Re: AuthenNTLM - Help

Posted by Shannon Eric Peevey <sp...@unt.edu>.
Francisco de Assis Tristão wrote:

> Shannon,
> i got it configured with apache-1.3.27/mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6g
> mod_perl/1.25", all by hand,
> but it only works fine when i use just http - when i access the pages
> with https, apache doesn't ask for the user...
> Have you any idea about what is wrong?
> The version of apache with mod_ssl i took from sunfreeware, mod_perl
> and ApacheAuthenNTLM i compiled by myself.

Sorry, I don't know why this might be happening...  Are you running
through a proxy server?  I have seen a lot of problems when ntlm
authentication through a proxy server...

speeves
cws

Re: AuthenNTLM - Help

Posted by Shannon Eric Peevey <sp...@unt.edu>.
Stas Bekman wrote:

> Francisco de Assis Tristão wrote:
>
>> Frank,
>> please, i am trying to configure AuthenNTLM on a solaris 2.8 (SPARC)
>> machine. But i did not find any sample about how to configure
>> httpd.conf. May you help me? I had compiled apache 2 version 2.0.46 with
>> ssl suport (i am configuring it with mod_jk and Tomcat too). Do i need
>> to have mod_perl installed?
>

> You certainly need to have mod_perl installed. This and other
> questions are answered at http://perl.apache.org/.
>
> However I'm not sure whether this module has been ported to mod_perl
> 2.0. Therefore you probably need to either port it, or use mod_perl
> 1.0, in case it wasn't ported yet.

I am in the process of porting it now.  Will hopefully have a working
version in the next couple of days.

Francisco, check out the documentation using perldoc:

perldoc Apache::AuthenNTLM

There is an example for the httpd.conf configuration in there.

I'll keep you posted on the port, and will announce when and where I
have a working version.  The author is only excepting patches for the
mod, so will probably take a little time for him to get my changes
implemented into the indexed version.  (Will also keep you posted on
that... :) )

speeves
cws

Re: AuthenNTLM - Help