Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dirk Griesbach <dg...@eurocom-depora.de> on 2003/12/11 16:09:22 UTC

Tomcat 5.0.16 : manager-app access - solved

I traced the problem down to the 'user_role' entry in the database:
The role of the user used by the manager-app had role "admin,manager"
(like in 'tomcat-users.xml' in a memory Realm) which does not work.
Changing the user_role to 'manager' puts it......but now the admin-app using
the same user complains.

Maybe class
"org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm" works different than
"org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"
regarding comma seperated roles ?

grisi
Posted by Dirk Griesbach <dg...@eurocom-depora.de>.
Hi Andy,

yes, you were completely right with your assumption  about the user roles.
Thanks a lot
greets

Dirk

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.