Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Sudkamp <mi...@docware.de> on 2004/02/10 12:10:56 UTC

JK1 vs JK2 connector

Hello,

I have used the 'old' JK connector for a long time with Tomcat 4.0 and 4.1 and IIS. I had never any problems with stability.
Very recently I figured out how to set up the JK2 connector (thanks Daniel).

Now I wonder if I should from now use JK2 instead. What are the pros and cons?

Best regards

Michael

Re: JK1 vs JK2 connector

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Most likely jk1 is more stable than jk2. Both rely on the same wire protocol
so tomcat really won't know the difference, the difference is in the
webserver configuration.

If you want to go wiht jk2, there is a new release on the horizon. But if its
anything like the jk1 release, we thought that too and 3+ months later - it
popped out.

jk2 seems to have more developer interest in features than jk1. jk1 is
feature complete for those who are the ones actively maintaining it so there
aren't any ithces to scratch for them.

-Tim