Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Rahamim, Zvi (Zvi)" <zr...@avaya.com> on 2006/11/01 07:13:01 UTC

Additional features for maven2 plugin

Hi,
I think that a very important feature is to have the ability to define,
before maven starts building, the versions of the dependencies.
Is there an intention to add this feature?
Thanks!
Zvi.

Re: Additional features for maven2 plugin

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
so you want to override versions of dependencies on command line?
-D

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Defining the version for a dependency is one of the base features of Maven:

<dependency>
  <artifactId/>
  <groupId/>
  <scope/>
  <version>[2.0.8]</version>
</dependency>

The [x.y.z] notation "locks" the artifact to that version. Use [x.y.z,
) to force a minimum but no maximum on the version number ie if a new
feature is added in build 3.1.2 that you require for your code to
work, etc.

Is this not working for you, do you have some other requirement(s)
which are not currently available, or what?

Wayne

Posted by Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>.
Maven already requires you to define the versions for all of your
dependencies before it builds:
http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Dependencies

    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>4.0</version>
    </dependency>

If you mean something else, please describe it more clearly, perhaps
with an example.

-Max