Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anson Zeall <ze...@bigpond.net.au> on 2003/09/11 15:27:01 UTC

Setting the classpath in Windows and Linux

Hi,

     I have a question on setting the classpath for Windows and Linux. Right
now, I'm using a really stupid way (but works for the moment =P) to compile
my java files; copying all the related jar files with my J2SE libraries. I
know this ain't the right method. So, I would like to ask who can lead me to
the right method? Hehe...

For windows, my Tomcat dir and java dir respectively, are located at:

C:\Apache\Tomcat  &    C:\j2sdk_nb\j2sdk1.4.2

For Linux, my Tomcat dir and java dir respectively are located at:

/import/elfman/2/sew35/tomcat    &     /usr/local/java/jdk1.4.1

Regards,

Anson

RE: Setting the classpath in Windows and Linux

Posted by Mike Curwen <gb...@gb-im.com>.
As much as it is painful at first, if you download and stumble through
using ANT, you will never look back with regret. ANT allows you to
configure the classpath that is sent to the java compiler. No need to
copy or move any jars around.  It can be daunting at first, but like I
said, it's wonderful once you know your way around.