Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carlos <ca...@cvc.edu> on 2001/06/19 22:01:48 UTC

More trouble starting cocoon

Giacomo:

thanks for your help. The solution was buried in nthe website, but now it
complains with the following error:

The stack trace is listed below.

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's sitemap is not
available.
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.setupProcessing(Manager.java:179)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:93)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:471)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConne
ctionHandler.java)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Is there anything I'm not doing or doing wrong?

Carlos
----
 P  |Carlos Araya
 _  |WebCT Administrator/Trainer
 G  |California Virtual Campus, Region 1
---- C/O De Anza College
10650 Bubb Road
Cupertino, CA 95014

mail:		carlos@cvc.edu
web:		http://www.cvc1.org
PGP Fingerprint: 	E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

LIFE: You can't control the length, but you can control the depth and width
-- From Randall Schwartz

Paradoxically, a refusal tp 'put monetary value in life' means that life is
often undervalued -- Artifical intelligence, A Modern Approach

Between the ages of twenty and forty we are engaged in the process of
discovering who we are, which involves learning the difference between
accidental limitations which it is our duty to outgrow and the necessary
limitations of our nature beyond which we cannot trespass with
impunity.--W. H. Auden

RE: More trouble starting cocoon

Posted by Carlos <ca...@cvc.edu>.
Vadim:

Thanks, that took care of the warning and one error, now I have the
following on my cocoon.log:

DEBUG   5607    [cocoon  ] (Thread-10): Changing Cocoon
context(sitemap.xmap) to prefix()
DEBUG   5608    [cocoon  ] (Thread-10): 	from
context(file:/var/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/) and prefix()
DEBUG   5608    [cocoon  ] (Thread-10): 	at URI
DEBUG   5608    [cocoon  ] (Thread-10): New context is
file:/var/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/
ERROR   5609    [cocoon  ] (Thread-10): Problem with servlet
[...]
INFO    5626    [cocoon  ] (Thread-10): '' Processed by Apache Cocoon 2.0b1
in 2.541 seconds.

Any ideas?

----

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@hns.com>.
Nuke work directory and restart: problem (that's second exception) should go away.

To remove first exception, edit web.xml file, look into <force-load> tag.

Vadim

Posted by Carlos <ca...@cvc.edu>.
giacomo:

Using Tomcat 3.2.2, and Sun's JDK 1.3.0 on Redhat 7.0

----

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Donald Ball wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Carlos wrote:
>
> > thanks for your help. The solution was buried in nthe website, but now it
> > complains with the following error:
> >
> > The stack trace is listed below.
>
> there is almost certainly a more interesting exception buried in
> WEB-INF/logs/cocoon.log, check there and see what it is. hey guys, is
> there any way we can report the more interesting exception in the error
> output instead of the almost meaningless 'sitemap handler is not
> available' message?

I was thinking the exact same thing :) Once in the near futur we need to
get rid of all those cascaded Exceptions to have the main one only at
the end of the chain :/

Giacomo

Re: More trouble starting cocoon

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Carlos wrote:

> thanks for your help. The solution was buried in nthe website, but now it
> complains with the following error:
>
> The stack trace is listed below.

there is almost certainly a more interesting exception buried in
WEB-INF/logs/cocoon.log, check there and see what it is. hey guys, is
there any way we can report the more interesting exception in the error
output instead of the almost meaningless 'sitemap handler is not
available' message?

- donald

Re: More trouble starting cocoon

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.