Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Hassan Abolhassani <Ha...@razorfish.co.jp> on 2003/07/11 12:58:14 UTC

CLI execution problem

I am trying to generate a site with Cocoon CLI. Everything is fine except I get following error:

org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint []

This happens when I dont specify "type" in the pipeline definitions. If I specify "type" for every pipeline command, for example:

<map:match type="wildcard" pattern="management/*/global">

then errors are disappear.

I can look at the site when I run the cocoon as a servlet without the need to specify "type" (that means to use the default component). But CLI does not work that way.

Any help to resolve this issue is appreciated.

Environment is: Windows 2000, Tomcat 4.1, JDK 1.4.1, Cocoon 2.0.4.

Thanks
Hassan

Re: CLI execution problem

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hassan Abolhassani wrote:

> I am trying to generate a site with Cocoon CLI. Everything is fine except I get following error:
>
> org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
> UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint []

> Environment is: Windows 2000, Tomcat 4.1, JDK 1.4.1, Cocoon 2.0.4.

I had the same problem with 2.0.4, switching to 2.1 solved it.

Andreas