Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Kestiah <ke...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/25 17:56:37 UTC

Re: problem launch simple app

I am just starting with Apache Isis and Eclipse as well, and I ran into
the same error.

 From the error, it was apparent that Eclipse did not have one (or more)
jars in it's classpath.  Since this whole thing is controlled by maven
(ugh), I guessed that something was missing from the pom.xml.  I opened
the pom.xml located in the quickstart-webapp project in Eclipse, browsed
around, and found a couple of sections with the tag "<profile>" that
referenced "intellij" and "eclipse-m2e".

I noticed that the intellij profile had the following, but the
eclipse-m2e profile did not:

             <dependencies>
                 <dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.isis.core</groupId>
<artifactId>isis-core-webserver</artifactId>
                 </dependency>
             </dependencies>

I copied/pasted that xml from the intellij profile section to the
eclipse profile section (between the "</activation>" and "<build>"
tags).  I then had (Eclipse had complained) to select the project in
Eclipse, right-click and select Maven -> Update Project... -> <OK>.
Once that completed, I was able to successfully able to right-click ->
Run As... on the SimpleAp-SERVER.launch.

Maury

On 2016-05-17 16:08 (-0600), Dan Haywood <d....@haywood-associates.co.uk>
wrote:
 > Hi Andres,>
 >
 > The issue will be that the classpath that you are using is incorrect,
so>
 > not finding our WebServer class (a simple wrapper around jetty).>
 >
 > We recently received a patch for those .launch files, so I know there
may>
 > be some issues with them.>
 >
 > The documentation should be accurate though [1]>
 >
 > Let us know how you get on...>
 >
 > Cheers>
 > Dan>
 >

 > [1] http://isis.apache.org/guides/dg.html#_dg_ide_eclipse>
 >

 > On 17 May 2016 at 22:53, AndresS FTW <le...@gmail.com> wrote:>
 >
 > > hello i am getting this error when i try to run
SimpleApp-SERVER.launch>

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Actually, I see that I applied the exact same fix to the pom.xml about 10
days ago...

https://github.com/apache/isis/commit/2104b7b8a41a1697b0608e85f5786c746b570d39#diff-f55cc896663ad4f6184578aed3582b57

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Maury,