Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Sie, Yang" <ya...@fmr.com> on 2007/10/12 17:47:38 UTC

JS2-590 related

Hello David and all:

We are using Jetspeed 2.1. Under /portal pipeline and database page
manager, lately we have seen quite often that when we tried to add a
portlet to a page the portlet didn't seem to be added. Because we didn't
see the page updated with the newly added portlet, we tried to add it
again. The portlet still didn't show up. Then we closed the browser (we
use IE 6 by the way). Next time when we open the browser, we have got
two instances of the same portlet that we previously added.

That means, for those two times that we tried to add the portlet, they
were actually added (to DB) just for some reason it didn't reflect the
change to the page. This was very random and unable to find steps to
reproduce it. We usually saw the problem under load condition before.
Given more and more users use the portal lately it happened more often.
This was very much the same bug opened for JIRA JS2-590
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-590). We have seen the symptom
when we did move or delete as well.

Please advise and thank you.

---Yang

Re: JS2-590 related

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
I thought we fixed this one under 2.1... I guess I need to reopen it
or can you test it against 2.1.2 easily?

On Oct 12, 2007, at 8:47 AM, Sie, Yang wrote:

> Hello David and all:
>
> We are using Jetspeed 2.1. Under /portal pipeline and database page
> manager, lately we have seen quite often that when we tried to add a
> portlet to a page the portlet didn't seem to be added. Because we
> didn't
> see the page updated with the newly added portlet, we tried to add it
> again. The portlet still didn't show up. Then we closed the browser
> (we
> use IE 6 by the way). Next time when we open the browser, we have got
> two instances of the same portlet that we previously added.
>
> That means, for those two times that we tried to add the portlet, they
> were actually added (to DB) just for some reason it didn't reflect the
> change to the page. This was very random and unable to find steps to
> reproduce it. We usually saw the problem under load condition before.
> Given more and more users use the portal lately it happened more
> often.
> This was very much the same bug opened for JIRA JS2-590
> (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-590). We have seen the
> symptom
> when we did move or delete as well.
>
> Please advise and thank you.