Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2010/11/01 02:06:52 UTC

Apache Project Branding requirements

I worked several hours on preparing the extras companion for release today, specifically around the new Apache Project Branding requirements (http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs).  I made some progress, but fell short of completing.

Among the issues:

Consistent letter case for log4j.  log4j is exclusively rendered as "log4j" in our text content, but is LOG4J in our logo.  I committed changes to the extras companion to use LOG4J since it was easier to change than the logo, but I am expecting to revert as the lower case log4j occurs so much more frequently in our content.

Logging Services and LOG4J logos:  Both need to have TM added to them, but I do not think that we have the original vector files in our archives.  The earlier commit of logo.jpg that I've been able to find is 2001-05-18 just prior to the log4j 1.1 release (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=309144), but no vector files were committed.  Should be able to tolerably superimpose a TM on them, but changing the casing of the LOG4J in the foreground may be more difficult without the vector originals.  Fortunately my wife does that type of stuff and I'll see if she can help out.

Adding the required trademark notices required providing an alternative site template.  Will explore if Maven 3 gives us some help.

Sorry I can't make ApacheCON this year.  Post anything interesting to the list.

Re: Apache Project Branding requirements

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
That is interesting. I've always used Log4j or Log4J (the second is what shows up in my email client as the addressee on the dev list.

Ralph