Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ingo Siebert <in...@cas.de> on 2006/05/12 16:38:52 UTC

[Axis2] Integrating Axis 2 in an application

Hi all,

i want to create an which includes Axis 2 for my web services. That
means, my WAR file includes my application + axis 2 libraries.
Ok, now some questions:

- Do i need to specify "org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet" in
my "web.xml" as a servlet?

- Is a Axis2.xml file needed?

- Is the only way to deploy my web service a AAR file which includes my
service.xml?
   Or can i simply put my service.xml in my WEB-INF directory?

- I'm looking for an axis2 code sample of a project which serialize and
deserialize beans(doc literal wrapped)?

- Why does the code generation tool creates 700 lines of code for the
client stub of a very simple web service? A few more comments would be
very useful in the generated code.

Cheers,

Ingo Siebert
--
CRM Products Development - New Technologies

CAS Software AG
Well informed. Always and everywhere.
www.cas.de

Re: [Axis2] Integrating Axis 2 in an application

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Ingo
pls see my comment below;

Ingo Siebert wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i want to create an which includes Axis 2 for my web services. That
> means, my WAR file includes my application + axis 2 libraries.
> Ok, now some questions:
>
> - Do i need to specify "org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet"
> in my "web.xml" as a servlet?

If you have your won servlet to handle incoming message and hand over
that to AxisEngine then you dont need to specify above.

> - Is a Axis2.xml file needed?

yes/ no :) , you can create an AxisConfiguration programaticaly , as you
know to start an Axis2 system main consideration is AxisConfiguration.
So if you can create AxisConfiguration somehow you dont need axis2.xml ,
axis2.xml is just to create AxisConfiguration object

> - Is the only way to deploy my web service a AAR file which includes
> my service.xml?
>   Or can i simply put my service.xml in my WEB-INF directory?

you can not just drop services.xml into web-inf dir , there are few
other was to deploy service
 - you can create and deploy service using a java class
 - you can deploy service as exploded dirs

> - I'm looking for an axis2 code sample of a project which serialize
> and deserialize beans(doc literal wrapped)?
>
> - Why does the code generation tool creates 700 lines of code for the
> client stub of a very simple web service? A few more comments would be
> very useful in the generated code.

that the nature of codegeneration , btw did u use xmlbeans or adb ?

> Cheers,
>
> Ingo Siebert

Deepal
~Future is Open~

Re: [Axis2] Integrating Axis 2 in an application

Posted by Ingo Siebert <in...@cas.de>.
Thank you!

Ingo

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.