Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Thomas Oftring <th...@ape-engineering.de> on 2012/11/20 10:37:42 UTC

svn update with --no-auth-cache crashes on Windows 7 x64

Hello Guys,

on Windows 7 x64 svn update with the parameter --no-auth-cache crashes if
the credentials

has been stored before. The result is a locked working copy that has to be
unlocked by

svn cleanup.

The Subversion Client is installed from TortoiseSVN 1.7.10, Build 23359 - 64
Bit

svn --version

svn, version 1.7.7 (r1393599)

   compiled Oct  8 2012, 20:42:17

Copyright (C) 2012 The Apache Software Foundation.

This software consists of contributions made by many people; see the NOTICE

file for more information.

Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.apache.org/

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_neon : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using
Neon.

  - handles 'http' scheme

  - handles 'https' scheme

* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.

  - with Cyrus SASL authentication

  - handles 'svn' scheme

* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.

  - handles 'file' scheme

* ra_serf : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV protocol using
serf.

  - handles 'http' scheme

  - handles 'https' scheme

Best regards
i.A. Thomas Oftring

Re: svn update with --no-auth-cache crashes on Windows 7 x64

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Thomas Oftring,
am Dienstag, 20. November 2012 um 10:37 schrieben Sie:

> on Windows 7 x64 svn update with the parameter --no-auth-cache crashes if
> the credentials has been stored before.

> This is a known bug in 1.7.7 which happens only on Windows.
> Due to a coding error, when a user name is already cached and
> the --username option specifies a different user name than the
> one in the cache, svn crashes.

> If this affects you and you cannot work around it I'd recommended
> using 1.7.6 until 1.7.8 gets released which will include a fix.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-users/201211.mbox/%3C20121104101302.GD27415@ted.stsp.name%3E

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--