Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Graham <dg...@hotmail.com> on 2002/08/25 00:59:55 UTC

Message Resources Placement

I've setup several struts projects and I've never had this much trouble
getting it to find the messages properties file.  I've read the user guide
again and tried many variations of placements.  I've tried putting it in the
classes directory and several subdirectories.  Am I missing something
obvious? My domain name ends in .it, does this matter?  I feel like a real
idiot so any help is appreciated :-).

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Message Resources Placement

Posted by Rob Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
David Graham wrote:
> guide again and tried many variations of placements.  I've tried putting
> it in the classes directory and several subdirectories.  Am I missing

"Hang in there" ie "Keep trying" !!!

You don't say if your using 1.0 or 1.1 ,
or give examples your .xml files.

If 1.0

then tell us what your web.xml entry looks like:

   <!-- Action Servlet Configuration -->
   <servlet>
     <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
     <init-param>
       <param-name>application</param-name>
<param-value>org.apache.struts.webapp.example.ApplicationResources</param-value>
     </init-param>

If 1.1 the look in your struts-config.xml :

   <message-resources
     parameter="org.apache.struts.webapp.example.ApplicationResources"/>

Both of these expect a file named

     ApplicationResources.properties
or
     ApplicationResources_it.properties

If you are using locals
located under a path of org/apache/struts/webapp/example
either in your jar file or your WEB-INF/classes

-Rob

Re: Message Resources Placement

Posted by struts user <st...@yahoo.com>.
Did you write out your messages properties file as
fully qualified class path in your web.xml file? I
hope this helps.

Thanks,
Lee