Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Jarrod Stenberg <sl...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/22 17:57:48 UTC

Re: Embperl-2.0b8 httpd Segmentation Faults. Solved...Sorta

EMBPERL_SESSION_MODE 2

Was the killer argument.  With it commented out, all
works fine.  So the problem must lie with
Apache::SessionX

Right?  I found that Apache::Session was compiled with
the dubious default FreeBSD perl.  I removed it and
reinstalled it under 5.6.1, in addition to doing the
same for Apache::SessionX and some components such as
Storable.

This did not help.

I actually am very interested in cookie-less sessions.
:(
-Jarrod

Re: Embperl-2.0b8 httpd Segmentation Faults. Solved...Sorta

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> Yes it does.  I'm certain it does.

If make test is ok, we need a stackbacktrace. Compile Embperl with debug
support

perl Makefile.PL debug
make install

then start gdb

gdb /path/to/httpd
set args -f /path/to/your/httpd.conf -X

-> Now request the page that segfaults, after gdb reports the segafult type
BT

and send me the output

Gerald

Re: Embperl-2.0b8 httpd Segmentation Faults. Solved...Sorta

Posted by Jarrod Stenberg <sl...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.