Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org> on 2020/06/12 08:52:53 UTC

[DISCUSS] Graduate Apache APISIX (incubating) as a TLP

Hello,

After discussion with the community[1], finally positive vote result[2].
We'd like to bring this to a discussing at the IPMC.

Please see the proposed resolution below and let us know what do you think.

A few status to help with the discussion:

- Released 6 Apache releases, through 6 different release managers
- Invited 9 new committers (all accepted)
- Invited 5 new PPMC members (all accepted)
- Apache APISIX name search has been approved [3]
- finished the Podling Maturity Assessment for APISIX, all items are passed[4]
- Our PPMC is diverse and consists of members from 10+ organizations
- 1156 emails sent by 81 people in dev mailing-list excepted GitBox
forwarded
- There are 82 contributors for now
- Resolved 360+ issues and 820+ pull requestsduring ASF incubating

We've resolved all branding issues which include Logo, GitHub repo,
document, website, luarocks and DockerHub.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r3cd791660b7a8aeb06a116a3802c8e154cde392dc90797d66a9267e9%40%3Cdev.apisix.apache.org%3E
[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ree04577ad2ebb2959f401b0848400f3b2876457f510f375797b6fbf8%40%3Cdev.apisix.apache.org%3E
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-180
[4]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/APISIX/Podling+Maturity+Assessment+for+APISIX

Establish the Apache APISIX Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to Apache APISIX is a cloud-native microservices API gateway,
delivering the ultimate performance, security and scalable platform
for APIs and microservices...

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache APISIX Project", be and hereby
is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache APISIX Project be and hereby is
responsible for the creation and maintenance of software related to
 Apache APISIX is a cloud-native microservices API gateway,
delivering the ultimate performance, security and scalable platform
for APIs and microservices; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache APISIX" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache
APISIX Project, and to have primary responsibility for
management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of the
Apache APISIX Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache APISIX Project:
* agile6v <ag...@apache.org>
* Ayeshmantha Perera  <ak...@apache.org>
* Jarvis.Qiu <qi...@apache.org>
* jinwei <kv...@apache.org>
* junxu chen <ch...@apache.org>
* Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>
* Kevin Ratnasekera <dj...@apache.org>
* Lang Wang <to...@apache.org>
* liling <li...@apache.org>
* linsir <li...@apache.org>
* Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>
* Nirojan Selvanathan <ss...@apache.org>
* sheng wu <wu...@apache.org>
* spacewander <sp...@apache.org>
* Von Gosling  <vo...@apache.org>
* Willem Ning Jiang <ni...@apache.org>
* yousa <yo...@apache.org>
* YuanSheng Wang <me...@apache.org>
* Zhiyuan Ju  <ju...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Ming Wen be appointed to
the office of Vice President, Apache APISIX, to serve in
accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache APISIX Project be and hereby is tasked
with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
APISIX podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
APISIX podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are
hereafter discharged.

Ming Wen, Apache APISIX & Apache SkyWalking
Twitter: _WenMing

Re: Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache APISIX (incubating) as a TLP

Posted by junxu chen <ch...@apache.org>.
+1

The community grows so fast.

Glad that APISIX is closing the graduation.

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
+1 (not binding)
Good luck

------------------

Posted by lidong dai <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.
Glad to vote! +1!

> [...]

> >> * Von Gosling  <vo...@apache.org>
> >> * Willem Ning Jiang <ni...@apache.org>
> >> * yousa <yo...@apache.org>
> >> * YuanSheng Wang <me...@apache.org>
> >> * Zhiyuan Ju  <ju...@apache.org>
> >>
> >> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Ming Wen be appointed to
> >> the office of Vice President, Apache APISIX, to serve in
> >> accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
> >> and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
> >> removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
> >> it further
> >>
> >> RESOLVED, that the Apache APISIX Project be and hereby is tasked
> >> with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
> >> APISIX podling; and be it further
> >>
> >> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> >> APISIX podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are

来自 琚致远

Re:Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache APISIX (incubating) as a TLP

Posted by jinwei <gx...@163.com>.
+1

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding).

Posted by YuanSheng Wang <me...@apache.org>.
+1

I am happy to see that the Apache APISIX community is becoming more active.

^_^

--

*MembPhis*
My GitHub: https://github.com/membphis

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache APISIX (incubating) as a TLP

Posted by Kevin Ratnasekera <dj...@gmail.com>.
+1 ( Binding )

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.