Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/01 23:39:12 UTC

Re: Branching for Oozie 4.0

Hi,
   I think we should be good to release 4.0 early next week. Mona will be
rolling out the release.

Pending:
  - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-1482 - backward
compatibility with older servers for frequency in json response. Patch is
already up.
  - A minor issue with db upgrade if error msg string is >4K characters. We
need to truncate and insert to the varchar errormsg column. Ryota is
working on this and should be committed by tomorrow.

 Is there anything else that needs to be pulled in?

Robert/Bowen,
   Would you guys be able to take the time and try out branch-4.0 since
this is a major one with DB upgrade? If you find any issues, we can pull
them in before the release. Since the RC candidate will not contain any
binaries, you don't have to wait till RC to try it out.

Regards,
Rohini