Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2009/04/27 14:12:51 UTC

apache central repository problem

Hi!

I recently remembered the rules for uploading artifacts to the central maven repository [1]. The FAQ section states that the central repo must be self contained, so any pom.xml in there must not contain a <repository> section!

While I fully understand this, it is a bit problematic for the OpenBebBeans TCK integration since we depend on the JBoss maven repository to actually get the TCK!

What to do? Imho we have 2 options:

1.) ask the JBoss guys to upload the JSR-299 TCK to the Apache central repo. From the license point this should be no problem, but I doubt they'll do it ...

2.) add a 'placeholder pom.xml' to our central repo which shows the download address and may contain a description how the <repository> section can be added to the local settings.xml.

In any case, I'm sorry but we have to remove the <repositories> section from  the webbeans-tck/pom.xml again before we do the M2 release.

LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html