Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Bernhard Hoisl <be...@wu.ac.at> on 2010/02/18 14:20:17 UTC

Updated Wookie plugin for Elgg

Hi,

this is just to inform you that I managed to update the Wookie plugin
for Elgg. The new version 2.2 can be downloaded here:
http://community.elgg.org/pg/plugins/hoisl/read/385029/wookie-widgets.

I have updated the link on incubator, but can someone update it on
getwookie.org, as well?

Changelog:

* URL to Wookie engine and requested API key can be set through the tool
administration menu - no need to edit files anymore

* Rudimentary OpenID support is available (in combination with the
OpenID client plugin) - the OpenID identifier gets passed to a Wookie
widget via the URL parameter 'openid_identifier' (but: the widget has to
handle OpenID authentication by itself)

* Uncoupling widgets from the dashboard and enlarging them (even to
fullscreen) is possible through the integration of Highslide JS
(www.highslide.com). When hovering the mouse over a widget, a small icon
appears in the top left corner. Clicking on it uncouples the widget from
the dashboard and displays it in an overlay window. This can be done
with an unlimited number of widgets. The uncoupled widget is resizable
and draggable. Navigation between widgets in a dashboard can be done
through the next and previous arrows or by using left and right keys.

* Some minor bugfixes.

-Bernhard

Re: Updated Wookie plugin for Elgg

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 18/02/2010 13:20, Bernhard Hoisl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is just to inform you that I managed to update the Wookie plugin
> for Elgg. The new version 2.2 can be downloaded here:
> http://community.elgg.org/pg/plugins/hoisl/read/385029/wookie-widgets.

Thanks for the update. This is great.

Ross

Re: Updated Wookie plugin for Elgg

Posted by Hugh Barnard <hu...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Bernhard

I'm on holiday/trip right now but big thank you and I'll try and give it a
spin myself in a couple of weeks and tell you how I do..

Best regards Hugh

--
http://www.hughbarnard.org
http://www.big-wave-heuristics.com/

http://www.hackney-environment-network.org.uk/

Re: Updated Wookie plugin for Elgg

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 18 Feb 2010, at 13:20, Bernhard Hoisl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is just to inform you that I managed to update the Wookie
> plugin for Elgg. The new version 2.2 can be downloaded here: http://community.elgg.org/pg/plugins/hoisl/read/385029/wookie-widgets
> .

Great - well done Bernhard!

> I have updated the link on incubator, but can someone update it on
> getwookie.org, as well?

Sure, I'll do that now.

> Changelog:
>
> * URL to Wookie engine and requested API key can be set through the
> tool administration menu - no need to edit files anymore

Nice

Have you looked at: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WOOKIE/Wookie+OpenID+support
  ?

> * Uncoupling widgets from the dashboard and enlarging them (even to
> fullscreen) is possible through the integration of Highslide JS (www.highslide.com
> ). When hovering the mouse over a widget, a small icon appears in
> the top left corner. Clicking on it uncouples the widget from the
> dashboard and displays it in an overlay window. This can be done
> with an unlimited number of widgets. The uncoupled widget is
> resizable and draggable. Navigation between widgets in a dashboard
> can be done through the next and previous arrows or by using left
> and right keys.

Sounds nice - I'll have to try that out!