Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Tony Hong <th...@xmethods.net> on 2001/03/21 02:38:11 UTC

Interop issues list

(I'm crossposting, my apologies for the duplicates you may receive)

Hi all,

In my work on XMethods I've collected notes on a variety of issues that
prevented interoperability.  People often email me asking why they can't hit
this dotnet service with that apache client, for example.  I'd like to
submit this list for review by the community.  The focus in most of my work
so far has been the most basic version of SOAP, which I would suggest, is a
good starting point for getting all of the implementations to interop.
Namely:

1.  Section 5 SOAP encoding
2.  RPC
3.  HTTP

I'd like to request that if you've run across an interop problem before that
ISN'T on this list please email me and I'll put it in. The list lives (for
now) at

http://www.xmethods.net/soapbuilders/interop.html

I would also appreciate any corrections, etc.

Please note that I am NOT proposing the interop solution here, just
collecting data that I believe will help the community in ultimately solving
the problem.

I'll send out another notice when I've received some feedback , so that the
implementors using the soapbuilders group can start to debate the issues.
(Since I'm crossposting this, just so folks know, the soap builders group is
a Yahoo group that provides the SOAP implementors a forum for debating
interop issues).

Thanks,
Tony

XMethods Web Services Listings