Posted to users@felix.apache.org by SMS Chauhan <sm...@mu-sigma.com> on 2010/10/30 14:45:59 UTC

Import Havoc

Hello,

Before anything else, let me just say it out loud - This is my first project with maven and the maven-bundle-plugin. It hasn't been easy, the learning curve seems to be really steep.
I am working using Servicemix, osgi, spring and camel as a part of my stack. I wish to create a bundle which would include all my maven dependencies and import a few classes. The problem here is, the overall ecosystem of classes is pretty huge. I cannot say <Import-Packages>*</Import-Packages> because that includes classes which are not required. I cannot say <Import-Packages>!*,xyz,abc</Import-Packages> because package names like org.apache.* are not being accepted(not sure why). So basically, I have been building, deploying, getting errors about missing imports, adding the missing imports to the <Import-Packages> and this has been going on for some time. In my good sense, clearly, I am doing something wrong.
Please point me in the right direction, I have looked at maven-assembly, maven-jar, maven-dependency but I do not understand how all of these are supposed to work together dynamically. Few examples would be a great help, the documentation doesn't seem to help.

Thanks!
San

This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential
information.The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or
entities to which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be
illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the message from your system.

Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic
communications are free from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility,
the Company cannot accept liability for any virus introduced by this e-mail or
any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date virus checking software.

Re: Import Havoc

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 10/30/10 14:45, SMS Chauhan wrote:
> Thank you for replying. This is exactly where my problem lies, there are too many unwanted imports and it seems like an overkill. I assume that there is a better solution that removing imports one by one?

Well, you can use wildcards (e.g., !org.unneeded.*,*), but otherwise you
have to list them. It is not possible for the plugin to guess what your
bundle doesn't really need if its code is actually using the packages.

-> richard

RE: Import Havoc

Posted by SMS Chauhan <sm...@mu-sigma.com>.

Re: Import Havoc