Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com> on 2016/01/12 02:38:59 UTC

Janaury hangout

Hi folks,

We may have our monthly hangout this coming Thursday. Any volunteers who
would like to form an agenda and lead the conversation? If not, I suggest
we can do review and dicsuss the design proposed by Junjie for Sentry-711:
“Implement grant user to role”, which is an important feature we may want
to have? Thanks!

Best,
Hao

RE: Janaury hangout

Posted by "Ma, Junjie" <ju...@intel.com>.
Thanks for the meeting minutes.

Best regards,

Colin Ma(Ma Jun Jie)

Posted by Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi All,

RE: Janaury hangout

Re: Janaury hangout

Posted by Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Anne,

Re: Janaury hangout

Posted by Anne Yu <an...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Haohao,

There is potentially one more:

SENTRY-1007: Performance issue for column level privileges: when the table
includes thousands of columns or partitions. (for example 8k). Some
commands, like select * from table will issue thousands of backend db
queries, instead of one query, so to user, the query seems to freeze for a
long time.

Thanks,
Anne

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Great, thanks Colin. Then here is the proposed agenda:
>
> 1. Review and discuss the design of SENTRY-711: “Implement grant user to
> role”. (15 mins)
> 2. Review and discuss the design of SENTRY-999: "Refactor the sentry to
> integrate with external components." (15 mins)
>

> Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
>
> Best,
> Hao
>

> On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 5:51 PM, Ma, Junjie <ju...@intel.com> wrote:
>
> > I want to add another discussion for SENTRY-999: Refactor the sentry to
> > integrate with external components quickly. It should be another
> important
> > change for Sentry to be a common authorization framework.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Colin Ma(Ma Jun Jie)

Anne

Re: Janaury hangout