Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Nestel, Frank" <fr...@coi.de> on 2000/09/08 10:37:27 UTC

Same Question again.

Sorry, I know the question was there and I think there
was an answer. But I cannot find it any more in this forum.
I get the error

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.xdom.XercesLiaison.getParentOfNode(XercesLiaison.java
:396)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.xml.XMLParserLiaisonDefault.getRoot(XMLParserLiaisonD
efault.java:1429)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xpath.xml.XMLParserLiaisonDefault.getXLocatorFromNode(XMLPa
rserLiaisonDefault.java:2012)
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.XPath.getMatchScore(XPath.java:338)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.TemplateList.findTemplate(TemplateList.java:310)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Stylesheet.findTemplate(Stylesheet.java:1033)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.TemplateList.findTemplate

 ... and much more

whenever I use Xalan on stylesheets which do <xsl:apply-template> on
attribute
nodes within a <xsl:copy>. I get those errors when I use Xalan from from
within
a Servlet framework, which actually passes data as SAX-Events to a Xalan
processor instance based on the DTMLiasion. I do not get the error when I
try
to reproduce it with the Xalan Commandline environment. It must have s.th.
do with org.w3c.com.Attr lacks the Method getOwnerElement in some
definitions.
Unfortunately some parts of the overall implementation rely on other parsers
(for the sake of speed ;-) ). Am I supposed to get rid of all definitions
of org.w3c.dom.Attr in whole classpath, but the one of Apache. This is s.th.
between painful and impossible.