Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au> on 2007/07/16 08:13:55 UTC

UnknownHostException on startup

I am starting to see the following exception when starting the XBeanBroker

Running
au.com.observant.ringocore.dispatcher.service.BlobEntryDispatcherTest
16/07/2007 16:11:29 org.apache.activemq.util.IdGenerator <clinit>
WARNING: could not generate unique stub
java.net.UnknownHostException: MERCURY: MERCURY
         at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:1308)
         at
org.apache.activemq.util.IdGenerator.<clinit>(IdGenerator.java:51)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.<clinit>(RegionBroker.java:73)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createRegionBroker(BrokerService.java:1266)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createBroker(BrokerService.java:1209)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.getBroker(BrokerService.java:508)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.addConnector(BrokerService.java:163)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.addConnector(BrokerService.java:153)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.processHelperProperties(BrokerService.java:1035)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start(BrokerService.java:379)
         at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService.afterPropertiesSet(XBeanBrokerService.java:47)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBea
nFactory.java:1058)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactor
y.java:363)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:226)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:147)
         at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.
java:275)
         at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:318)
         at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:81)
         at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:66)
         at
org.springframework.test.AbstractSpringContextTests.loadContextLocations(AbstractSpringContextTests.java:121)
         at
org.springframework.test.AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests.loadContextLocations(AbstractDependencyInjectionSp
ringContextTests.java:161)
         at
org.springframework.test.AbstractSpringContextTests.getContext(AbstractSpringContextTests.java:101)
         at
org.springframework.test.AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests.setUp(AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTest
s.java:129)
         at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
         at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
         at
org.junit.internal.runners.OldTestClassRunner.run(OldTestClassRunner.java:76)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:62)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:138)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:125)
         at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:132)
         at
         at
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:290)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:818)

This is the broker configuration i am using

     <bean id="broker" class="org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService">
         <property name="persistenceAdapter">
             <ref local="memPersistenceAdaptor"/>
         </property>
         <property name="transportConnectorURIs">
             <list>
                 <value>vm://localhost</value>
             </list>
         </property>
         <property name="start" value="true"/>
         <property name="useJmx" value="true" />
     </bean>

This is on W2K box. Any idea why this would be happening?

Re: clarification between 4.2 and 5.0

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
I think it should be asap! We need to vote on it though first

Posted by Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au>.
Rob,

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: UnknownHostException on startup

Posted by Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au>.
Rob,

Thanks for the reply. It is pretty weird since it just started happening
  . I've tried looking at the net for a resolution but currently no
luck. It's not specific to activemq but more an issue with my w2k box.
Something has changed on my system but i don't know what it is :-(.

cheers
</jima>

P.S. The machine name is Mercury and there is an entry in the windows
equivalent /etc/hosts file.

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.