Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/10/23 14:09:25 UTC

AOO 4.0.1 and MacOS Mavericks?

I'm starting to see questions on whether AOO is compatible with the
newly released Mavericks.  Has anyone tried it yet?

Regards,

-Rob

Re: AOO 4.0.1 and MacOS Mavericks?

Posted by Steve Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Rob,

I have down loaded Mavericks and AOO 4.0.1 and so far had no problems. The only thing I've experienced is the same as in Mountain Lion of not wanting to open AOO initially because it is a third party software not software coming from the App Store. With other OSs using "App Stores" like Apple has been doing it would be a great idea to make AOO available through this source, besides it would increase the exposure for AOO without going through questionable secondary providers who sell it and refer people here for support.

Steve
Sent from my iPad

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 10/23/13 6:05 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:

> On Oct 23, 2013, at 10:34 , Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Yes, indeed, and within halfbeats of the heart after I installed Mavericks yesterday afternoon I booted up the latest dev snapshot of 4.0.1 en_GB (added to with extensions)…… and
>>>
>>> Works fine. Same as always. I wish I’d encounter a bug that’s interesting so I could report it.
>>>

>> Nice.  It will be good to get a few more confirmations on this, so we
>> can add this info to the Release Notes.
>>
>> I was worried, since I read this report of LibreOffice crashing as
>> soon as a user starts editing text:
>>
>> http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/msg34043.html
>
> Perhaps there is something to our QA efforts? And that this is but more for enterprises to consider when evaluating AOO for important uses? That it *works*.

I've upgraded my laptop at home yesterday evening and AOO worked quite
well after some basic tests.

But I think it needs some further testing, it was late and did only
some very basic tests

Juergen

Re: AOO 4.0.1 and MacOS Mavericks?

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Oct 23, 2013, at 10:34 , Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 23, 2013, at 09:11 , Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Rob

>>> We will see in same hours ;-)
>>>
>>> Greetings Raphael
>>
>> Yes, indeed, and within halfbeats of the heart after I installed Mavericks yesterday afternoon I booted up the latest dev snapshot of 4.0.1 en_GB (added to with extensions)…… and
>>
>> Works fine. Same as always. I wish I’d encounter a bug that’s interesting so I could report it.
>>

> Nice.  It will be good to get a few more confirmations on this, so we
> can add this info to the Release Notes.
>
> I was worried, since I read this report of LibreOffice crashing as
> soon as a user starts editing text:
>
> http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/msg34043.html

Perhaps there is something to our QA efforts? And that this is but more for enterprises to consider when evaluating AOO for important uses? That it *works*.

In which case:

*Thanks* QA team!

> Regards,
>
> -Rob