Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jignesh Shah <jh...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/02 20:08:21 UTC

session-timeout in web.xml does not work

Hi,

For my application in the webapps under the WEB-INF
directory I have a web.xml where I set the property
session-timeout to say 10 (so 10 minutes) , but I can
still use the same page after 15 minutes of
inactivity. Do I have to do something special on the
jsp to invalidate the session ?

thanks,
Jignesh

Re: session-timeout in web.xml does not work

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 2, 2007 12:46 PM, Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If so, I'd add a ServletContextListener to log begin/end of sessions
> to see what's going on.

Actually, I'd stop trying to multitask /quite/ so much on a Friday :-)
and implement HttpSessionListener and/or HttpSessionBindingListener
interfaces... yeah.  sheesh.

Re: session-timeout in web.xml does not work

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 2, 2007 12:37 PM, Jignesh Shah <jh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I was not clear, by use the page , I meant I could
> still click on the buttons on the jsp and they work
> fine. The problem is those buttons use beans that have
> "session" validity.

And you're saying the prior values are still in session?

If so, I'd add a ServletContextListener to log begin/end of sessions
to see what's going on.

Personally, I've never had a problem with session timeouts, and I
frequently change them via web.xml to test things.

Re: session-timeout in web.xml does not work

Posted by Jignesh Shah <jh...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.