Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> on 2000/02/24 09:53:30 UTC

stupid problem with XSP

I've run into this before and can't remember, for the life of me, how to
work around it. When I try to invoke an XSP page with cocoon-1.7dev, I get
the following error:

      java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method normalize()V
not found

I'm using the libraries from the cocoon lib directory. Both Xerces and
xml.jar provide implementations of org.w3c.dom.Node; both are identical,
it does not matter which occurs first in the CLASSPATH. Help? I need a
good set of libraries to work with. I'd've thought the ones that came with
cocoon would work ;).

- donald

Re: stupid problem with XSP

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Donald Ball wrote:

> I've run into this before and can't remember, for the life of me, how to
> work around it. When I try to invoke an XSP page with cocoon-1.7dev, I get
> the following error:
>
>       java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method normalize()V
> not found
>
> I'm using the libraries from the cocoon lib directory. Both Xerces and
> xml.jar provide implementations of org.w3c.dom.Node; both are identical,
> it does not matter which occurs first in the CLASSPATH. Help? I need a
> good set of libraries to work with. I'd've thought the ones that came with
> cocoon would work ;).

They do for me. I just reinstalled the baby on my linux box to see if I
was missing something that my win32 box had leftover... but no, works
like a charm.

Try removing the xml.jar   (anyway, what about removing it from the
distro? Xerces is the way to go, no matter what)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.