Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Fred Dushin <fa...@apache.org> on 2008/10/15 19:36:08 UTC

WSS4J-1.5.5

We'd like to spin a release of WSS4J 1.5.5, in anticipation of some
CXF releases and other products built on top of CXF.

Would folks here be amenable to the same sort of RC process we used
for the 1.5.4 release (hopefully with fewer wrinkles :).  I'd be happy
to start the branch and build RC1, once we decide on the remaining
issues to address for 1.5.5.

Enclosed is a PDF snapshot of the current open and closed bug tagged
for 1.5.5 (Apologies for the format -- I can't seem to extract the
data in text form).  If there are any others that people feel should
be addressed and can be in short order, please give a hollar.

Thanks,
-Fred

encl:

Re: WSS4J-1.5.5

Posted by Fred Dushin <fa...@apache.org>.
I think SAML support in WSS4J needs to be rethought, before
proceeding, probably in close consultation with the OpenSAML team (if
I understand things correctly, version 1 of these libraries is not
currently supported).

In any event, I think it's not on the block for 1.5.5, but should be
considered as part of 2.0.

-Fred

RE: WSS4J-1.5.5

We'd like to spin a release of WSS4J 1.5.5, in anticipation of some
CXF releases and other products built on top of CXF.

Would folks here be amenable to the same sort of RC process we used
for the 1.5.4 release (hopefully with fewer wrinkles :).  I'd be happy
to start the branch and build RC1, once we decide on the remaining
issues to address for 1.5.5.

Enclosed is a PDF snapshot of the current open and closed bug tagged
for 1.5.5 (Apologies for the format -- I can't seem to extract the
data in text form).  If there are any others that people feel should
be addressed and can be in short order, please give a hollar.

Thanks,
-Fred

encl:

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

RE: WSS4J-1.5.5