Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alex Nelson <an...@ansoftcomputing.com> on 2003/05/02 04:48:43 UTC

RH Linux 9 setup

I have installed a current version of RedHat linux 9, tomcat 4.1.24,
j2se 1.4.2 beta, and keep getting the following error when tring to view
the cocoon page:

INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=1/207
config=/var/tomcat4/conf/jk2.properties
java.lang.RuntimeException: Errors in XSLT transformation:
Fatal: File
jar:file:/var/tomcat4/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-2.0.4.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/sitemap/java/sitemap.xsl; Line 154; Column 32; org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: The output format must have a '{http://xml.apache.org/xalan}content-handler' property!

	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3407)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

It does this consistently with both the 2.0.4 binary release and the
latest binary release. (Yes I did get the jdk 1.4 version of both.) I
have copied over the xalan, xerces, and xml-api jar files to the
$TOMCAT_HOME/common/endorsed directory as well.

I am stumped why this keeps failing.
--
Alex Nelson
ANSoft Computing

Re: RH Linux 9 setup

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Hi:

I am using Red Hat 9, J2SDK 1.4.1_02, Tomcat 4.1.24 and Cocoon lastest CVS.

You also need to cp to $TOMCAT_HOME/common/endorsed the file xsltc.jar in
order to work. You can find it into the
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib directory of your cocoon lib.

Please also note that this version does not shutdown properly under
Cocoon, but there is a workaround:

In your $TOMCAT_HOME/cof/server.xml

set autoDeploy="false"

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Alex Nelson dijo:

Re: RH Linux 9 setup

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Thanks Geof.

He already setup all and now is running OK. The problem was that he was
using Tomcat 5. A downgrade to Tomcat 4.1.24 was the solution. :-)

To be noted, Cocoon 2.0.4 does not run on Tomcat 5.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Geoff Howard dijo:

Re: RH Linux 9 setup

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
Alex,

I've never tried the binary releases.  I always
download a source release and build it.  The build is
very simple, so you might try that.

/mde/
just my two cents . . . .

Re: RH Linux 9 setup