Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jérôme Tytgat <je...@asterion.fr> on 2005/08/29 11:04:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Mod_proxy and authentication

Re hello

I reverse proxy a authentication to a IIS server.

On the web page there's just a loading of a JAVA application.

I'm facing several situation :

* If I use BASIC authentication through the proxy :
- In firefox I get TWO authentication (one for the web page, one for the JAVA application)
- Same behaviour for Internet Explorer

* If I use WINDOWS authentication through the proxy :
- In Firefox I get ONE authentication (for the web page, the credentials are correctly
used for the JAVA application)
- IE fail with a 401 error

* If I use WINDOWS authentication directly :
- In Firefox I get ONE authentication (for the web page, the credentials are correctly
used for the JAVA application)
- IE works as Firefox do.

I've made some sniffing and noted that Firefox try TWO NTML type (ntmlssp and another
one I don't remember), but IE not.

Have you any clues ?

Thanks.

Jerome

Re: [users@httpd] Mod_proxy and authentication

Posted by Jérôme Tytgat <je...@asterion.fr>.
TWO NTML = TWO NTLM...

sorry folks :)

I wonder if it's possible to have only ONE sign on.

I don't know if mod_auth can help.