Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Patil, Sheetal" <pa...@diebold.com> on 2006/05/19 08:34:31 UTC

tomcat response slow

Hello all

I am using tomcat 5.0 for my application. My application in created be
using struts+jsp

Tomcat was functioning very well before few days

Mean while I deploy another module on server in my application

After few days tomcat become slow, means it give starting page fast but
when connection to database server it dose not reply (just showing
process is going on....)

So is there any way to checkout why tomcat becomes slow here is the
picture of server

status

Sp

Re: tomcat response slow

Posted by vineesh kumar <vi...@gmail.com>.
Undeploy the other application and make sure that the problem is
caused by the new application or some changes in older one. Also check
the database for performance. There can be many reasons like, the
buffers may not be configures correctly to share the load etc on the
db.Aslo check that whether the application is spawning too many
connections and also check whether the uptodate driver is used.
offcourse People won't like big images bcos it takes long time to
load.Better u send log messages from the server in TEXT format

On 5/19/06, Rajeev Jha <jh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> what does the logs say? turn debug on and check the logs.
> Also see if the DB URL, user password etc are correct.
> And I dont think people will like your posting image blobs in mail.
>
> Thanks
> - Rajeev.
>
> Patil, Sheetal wrote:
>
> > Hello all
> >
> > I am using tomcat 5.0 for my application. My application in created be
> > using struts+jsp
> >
> > Tomcat was functioning very well before few days
> >
> > Mean while I deploy another module on server in my application
> >
> > After few days *tomcat become slow*, means it give *starting page
> > fast* but when *connection to database server* it dose not reply (just
> > showing process is going on….)
> >
> > So is there any way to checkout why tomcat becomes slow here is the
> > picture of server
> >
> > status
> >
> > Sp

Vineesh Kumar