Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Nicole GrĂ¼bel <Tr...@web.de> on 2002/03/05 13:53:37 UTC

AcceptOnMatch

Hi! I've been learning to handle Log4j for a week now and resently started with XML configuration-files. This ML was very helpful!

Now I have a question about AcceptOnMatch. I just don't understand how it works.
This is my code to write only DEBUGs into my debug-file.

<filter class = "org.apache.log4j.varia.PriorityMatchFilter">
	<param name = "PriorityToMatch" value = "DEBUG" />
</filter>

It works fine, but when I had another param with AcceptOnMatch in it, there was no output at all to this appender.
<param name = "AcceptOnMatch" value = "true" />

So, what's the effect/use of this option?

Nicole Gruebel