Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com> on 2007/01/16 16:25:55 UTC

Maven repository for latest snapshots

Hi

I require the latest SNAPSHOT jars of HttpCore and NIO extensions to
link into my build. Are these available as nightly builds? If so from
where could I get them?

thanks
asankha

Re: Maven repository for latest snapshots

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 21:58 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Hi Oleg
> > Up to this point we always encouraged people to depend on official ALPHA
> > releases only. The situation with Synapse is new for us and this is the
> > first case when we need to start publishing development snapshots.
> >
> > Would it be sufficient for the time being to publish dev snapshots to
> > the m2-snapshot-repository [1] every time a patch is committed?
> >
> Yes, this is fine with us.. maybe you could further relax this to a dev
> snapshot after a major patch is applied. I am particularly interested in
> HTTPCORE-23 and 24 for now - but would prefer not to build and host a
> SNAPSHOT of HttpCore/NIO to make our builds work for others who may not
> build HttpCore/NIO on thier own.
>
> thanks
> asankha

Hi Asankha,

I published the snapshots to the repository. Please let me know if that
solves the problem for you. As of now I'll be updating the snapshots on
a regular basis.

Oleg

Re: Maven repository for latest snapshots

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 21:58 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Hi Oleg
> > Up to this point we always encouraged people to depend on official ALPHA
> > releases only. The situation with Synapse is new for us and this is the
> > first case when we need to start publishing development snapshots.
> >
> > Would it be sufficient for the time being to publish dev snapshots to
> > the m2-snapshot-repository [1] every time a patch is committed?
> >
> Yes, this is fine with us.. maybe you could further relax this to a dev
> snapshot after a major patch is applied. I am particularly interested in
> HTTPCORE-23 and 24 for now - but would prefer not to build and host a
> SNAPSHOT of HttpCore/NIO to make our builds work for others who may not
> build HttpCore/NIO on thier own.

Cool. Please give me time until tomorrow 22:00 GMT to get the snapshots
published.

Oleg

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Oleg

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 20:55 +0530, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Hi
>
> I require the latest SNAPSHOT jars of HttpCore and NIO extensions to
> link into my build. Are these available as nightly builds? If so from
> where could I get them?
>
> thanks
> asankha

Hi Asankha,

Up to this point we always encouraged people to depend on official ALPHA
releases only. The situation with Synapse is new for us and this is the
first case when we need to start publishing development snapshots.

Would it be sufficient for the time being to publish dev snapshots to
the m2-snapshot-repository [1] every time a patch is committed?

Oleg

[1]
scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository

[HttpCore] API stability was Re: Maven repository for latest snapshots

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> Hi
>
> I found the issue with our own code.. the public HttpService(final
> HttpServerConnection conn) constructor of the HttpService class
> available in alpha 2 is no longer available in alpha 3 (and later)..
> without being deprecated :-( .. hence actually the Axis2 server throws
> up a NoSuchMethodFound which leads the client to timeout.
>
> asankha

Hi Asankha

I am sorry about inconveniences this has caused you

I submitted a patch intended to upgrade Axis2 to HttpCore 4.0 ALPHA-3
[1] the same very day HttpCore 4.0a3 was released. Unfortunately the
patch still has not been reviewed and checked in by the Axis folks.

We will start maintaining API compatibility between releases as of
BETA-1. At this point we still would like to have the liberty of
changing the public interfaces if new requirements are discovered or if
we see a better (cleaner) way to get the job done. Chances are good
ALPHA-4 will be the last alpha release of HttpCore. Actually I
personally think we can start thinking about the API freeze as soon as
we are reasonably sure HttpCore NIO API is sane.

Oleg

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-1848

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.
HttpCore is still Alpha status. So the API is unstable and undergoing
constant change and refactorings. We won't have deprecation cycles
before a final release. The Alpha2 was specifically made for the Axis
people, so they can depend on a well-defined version.

Ortwin

--
[web]  http://www.odi.ch/
[blog] http://www.odi.ch/weblog/

Re: Maven repository for latest snapshots

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Ortwin, all