Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> on 2009/11/11 23:10:37 UTC

[VOTE] Website

The current website is quite ugly, and I don't know about you, but I'm
itching to put the new project logo to use, so I'd like to propose
publishing http://cassandra.deadcafe.org (to
http://incubator.apache.org/cassandra).

This is a slightly tweaked version of Daniel Lundin's work from
CASSANDRA-231[1] (thanks Daniel!), and the content is nearly identical
to what is on the current site.

I do not consider this to be the final word on the matter, I think there
is still much to be done. For example, the logo w/text is something I
cobbled together in Gimp and should be considered a placeholder. Still,
it's much better than what we currently have and we can incrementally
improve it as we go forward.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-231

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Eric Florenzano <fl...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by David MARTIN <dm...@gmail.com>.
+1 !

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Rauan Maemirov <ra...@maemirov.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Richard grossman <ri...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Vijay <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1 great...

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Vijay <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1 great...

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Chris Goffinet <cg...@chrisgoffinet.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Jonathan Mischo <jm...@quagility.com>.
+1 better than what's there now by leaps and bounds, and it's a great
place for us to work from.

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Denny Abraham <de...@gmail.com>.
+1
It`s good work.

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Sammy Yu <te...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Tim Estes <ti...@digitalreasoning.com>.
Strong. +1

Sent from my iPhone

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Ramzi Rabah <rr...@playdom.com>.
Looks pretty awesome
+1

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Joe Stump <jo...@joestump.net>.
+1 - Great work.

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Joe Stump <jo...@joestump.net>.
+1 - Great work.

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by "Pablo A. Delgado" <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1 way better...

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by "Pablo A. Delgado" <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1 way better...

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by kevin <ke...@gmail.com>.
looks gr8! +1

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by kevin <ke...@gmail.com>.
looks gr8! +1

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Ryan King <ry...@twitter.com>.
Looks great. +1

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Ryan King <ry...@twitter.com>.
Looks great. +1

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Johan Oskarsson <jo...@oskarsson.nu>.

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Sammy Yu <te...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Johan Oskarsson <jo...@oskarsson.nu>.

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Jonathan Mischo <jm...@quagility.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Sal Fuentes <fu...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Salvador Fuentes Jr.

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Curt Micol <as...@gmail.com>.
+1. Nice work Eric.

--
# Curt Micol

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Joe Alex <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Chris Were <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 Awesome

RE: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Mark Vigeant <ma...@riskmetrics.com>.
I agree, that's awesome.
+1

The current website is quite ugly, and I don't know about you, but I'm
itching to put the new project logo to use, so I'd like to propose
publishing http://cassandra.deadcafe.org (to
http://incubator.apache.org/cassandra).

This is a slightly tweaked version of Daniel Lundin's work from
CASSANDRA-231[1] (thanks Daniel!), and the content is nearly identical
to what is on the current site.

+1, looks great.

-Brandon

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy the original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachments to the original message.

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Michael Greene <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.
On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 18:36 -0800, Paul Querna wrote:
> > The new site is live. Let me know if you spot any problems (or
> > better yet, submit a ticket :)).
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> the incubator logo in the footer 404s:
> http://incubator.apache.org/cassandra/media/images/apache-incubator-small.png

This should be good now.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Website

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> wrote:

> The current website is quite ugly, and I don't know about you, but I'm
> itching to put the new project logo to use, so I'd like to propose
> publishing http://cassandra.deadcafe.org (to
> http://incubator.apache.org/cassandra).

Yay!

RE: [VOTE] Website