Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Scott Carr <ks...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/31 22:02:23 UTC

[KARAF-1729] Bundle Cache Issue

I was wondering if this has been fixed yet in 3.0.2?  This was something
to do with the cache being corrupt when karaf starts.

Thanks

Scott

Re: [KARAF-1729] Bundle Cache Issue

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
NB: it's just test waiting for a fix that I gonna do, as Karaf features
should use region optionally (which is not the case for now).

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [KARAF-1729] Bundle Cache Issue

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Scott,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [KARAF-1729] Bundle Cache Issue

Posted by Scott Carr <ks...@gmail.com>.
I have downloaded 3.0.2-SNAPSHOT and compiled.  I have it running on one
of our dev systems that was experiencing the issue pretty regularly.  We
have to restart the system frequently, and almost each time, it would
have corrupted bundles.

Since the update on Friday, I haven't seen any issues.  I will monitor
closely and let everyone know during the upcoming week.

So far, I killed karaf 2 times, and then restarted, and no corrupted
bundles at all.  Looking good, so far.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Scott,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [KARAF-1729] Bundle Cache Issue

Posted by Scott Carr <ks...@gmail.com>.
I should have asked if the issue was being worked on and if an answer
had been found. ;-)

Posted by Scott Carr <ks...@gmail.com>.
I have been able to get it in this state pretty easily.

*  karaf with several bundles installed
*  kill the karaf process
*  When you start karaf, some bundles will be in the list, but if you
try stop or start on them you get No Bundle Specified.

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Now that I read your descriptions about restarting etc.. I think this was
due to an issue in Felix, this has been solved with Karaf 3.0.2
which is currently only available as snapshot.
You should give it a try. It'll be released soon.

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member
Project Lead