Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by ra...@jpmorgan.com on 2001/09/20 00:00:26 UTC

Webserver other than Tomcat

Hello everybody,

Is it possible to use Slide with webserver other than Tomcat?

Thanks,
Pankaj..

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates.

Re: Webserver other than Tomcat

Posted by Vladimir Grishchenko <vl...@hotmail.com>.
Theoretically yes, as long as they are compliant with Servlet spec used by
Slide. However, you might get into unexpected problems. WebDAV uses extended
status codes, and not all of them handle them nicely, WebSphere 4, for
example, has a bug preventing it from working correctly. Well, it appears to
be a bug, at least I couldn't get WebDAV apps running under it.

--V.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> The documentation indicates that any 2.3 compliant servlet container will
> do. I have experienced some success getting Slide to work with iPlanet Web
> Server 6.0.

Actually, servlet 2.2 is enough. I think Juergen uses TC 3.2 to run it.

Remy

Re: Webserver other than Tomcat

Posted by "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>.

 On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 rajankar_pankaj@jpmorgan.com wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> Is it possible to use Slide with webserver other than Tomcat?
>
> Thanks,
> Pankaj..
>

> This communication is for informational purposes only.  It is not intended as
> an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument
> or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices, data
> and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and
> are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein
> do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., its
> subsidiaries and affiliates.

"Mon aeroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services

Questions about Webdav Access Control Protocol

Posted by Raj Kumar <ko...@intalio.com>.
hi dirk,
  Does slide implement the complete Webdav Acess Control Protocol as defined
by the
  draft-ietf-webdav-acl-06 .
    thanks,
    rajkumar