Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kheldar666 <ma...@liber-mundi.org> on 2007/09/06 14:52:13 UTC

[T5] Service Module declaration

Hi everybody,

I'm devellopping a Tapestry application that will use several packages
(because I use a JPF plugin architecture).

So in Eclipse, I have several source folder. One for each plug in I
developp.

My problem is that I don't find a way to tell Tapestry IoC that there is a
Module in package A and another in package B.

I don't want to use @SubModule in AppModule because the packages a supposed
to be plugins (so they can be there or not) and it seems the manifest file
can only be used within a jar file (and I can't create a jar file each time
I test my plug in :s )

Is there any other solution to tell Tapestry IoC that there's a Module
somewhere else ?

Cheers

Martin

Re: [T5] Service Module declaration

Posted by Kheldar666 <ma...@liber-mundi.org>.
Yes that's what I thought, but it is not very convinient...

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:10:43 -0300, Francois Armand <fa...@linagora.com>
wrote:

> But we agree that it seems to be the solution :)

Yes! :)

>> And this is really convenient: I developed HiberTapestry
>> (http://tapestry-mine.sourceforge.net/hibertapestry/) and, to use it,
>> my application needs no configuration: having the HiberTapestry JAR in
>> the classpath is all I need to do. Tapestry-IoC does the work of
>> locating and loading it. My application doesn't have a compile
>> dependency in HiberTapestry but it uses it. Just wonderful. :)
> Intersting project, I missed it :)

Your feedback is always welcome. :)
I plan to release a new version, the sources and improved documentation
soon.
I'm already using it in an internal project at my work. :)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Desenvolvedor, Instrutor e Consultor de Tecnologia

Re: [T5] Service Module declaration

Posted by Francois Armand <fa...@linagora.com>.
Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo wrote:
> That thread talks about the manifest in a WAR file, and I was talking
> about the manifest in a JAR file. :) It makes all the difference.

Well, no, the last message of the thread (
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tapestry-users/200704.mbox/%3c246838100C0FA34BBAA136A1512F2BBF0C4FAF@robin.kennisnet.org%3e
) give the solution to create a jar with just a manifest and drop it in
the classpath.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Francois Armand <fa...@linagora.com>.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Francois Armand <fa...@linagora.com>.
Kheldar666 wrote:
> Hi everybody,

Hello,
> My problem is that I don't find a way to tell Tapestry IoC that there is a
> Module in package A and another in package B.
>
> I don't want to use @SubModule in AppModule because the packages a supposed
> to be plugins (so they can be there or not) and it seems the manifest file
> can only be used within a jar file (and I can't create a jar file each time
> I test my plug in :s )

I saw that in a (old) thread :
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tapestry-users/200704.mbox/%3cecd0e3310704110716x68c146b9i5df35ece1ffa542c@mail.gmail.com%3e
But I can't tell you anymore, since a didn't test it.

Hope it will help

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 09:52:13 -0300, Kheldar666 <ma...@liber-mundi.org>
wrote:

> Is there any other solution to tell Tapestry IoC that there's a Module
> somewhere else ?

Yes! Take a look at the Module Autoloading section in
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-ioc/module.html.