Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Roy Low Chee Mun <cm...@p-agility.com> on 2020/01/21 02:15:21 UTC

ActiveMQ 5.9 supported operating system

hi all

wondering can ActiveMQ 5.9 install in Windows server 2012? because in the
list i dont see windows server 2012 is in the supported operating system
lists, i am referring to link below

https://activemq.apache.org/getting-started

`Operating Systems:**

Windows: Windows XP SP2, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows 7.

Re: ActiveMQ 5.9 supported operating system

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
I don't think that documentation has been updated in a *long* time, but I
don't think there's any need to worry about installing ActiveMQ 5.x on
Windows Server 2012. As long as you can get the right JVM for your platform
it should be fine. For ActiveMQ 5.9.0 (which is pretty old at this point,
not sure why you'd want to use it) it looks like you'll need Java 6.

Justin

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
BTW, I based my Java 6 recommendation on this [1] from the 5.9.0 tag.

Justin

[1] https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/activemq-5.9.0/pom.xml#L138

Posted by Roy Low Chee Mun <cm...@p-agility.com>.
thank you everyone, so i will check what is java version required for
ActiveMQ 5.9 and whether can installed on windows server 2012 or not, thank
you very much everyone

Re: ActiveMQ 5.9 supported operating system

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.