Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Pere Villega <pe...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/22 22:45:52 UTC

[GSOC 2011]Enquiry

Hi everybody,

I’m Pere Villega, a developer from Barcelona currently living in Dublin, and
new to the mailing list. I contact you regarding Google Summer of Code 2011.
I’m a student that would like to join the program this season and I’ve found
your project interesting. I contacted Florian Moga (I thought he was a
mentor :P) and he told me to write here to you all.

First of all I want to do a disclaimer: I’m studying and working full time.
Last year I was part of GSOC 2010 under the same conditions (working and
studying) and contributed a project to Duraspace (
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/GSOC/GSOC10+-+Add+Unit+Testing+to+Dspace).
The project was a success and was incorporated into trunk at the end of
GSOC. I say this because I want to show that although I won’t be working
40h/week on GSOC, I’m able to deliver. I expect to contribute around 15h
each week, some weeks maybe more. If you prefer a full time student, I will
understand. If having a part-time dedication is an issue, I completely
understand it and I won’t submit any proposal. I truly appreciate your time
spent reading this.

The purpose of this email is to know if the members of the project would be
interested in me working in your project, and in such case to establish a
first contact with some mentor.

I have many years of experience in Java development and I’m a beginner in
Scala. I’ve seen some ideas of Florian related to that area, that’s why I
first contacted him. To be fair, I don’t know too much about the project
(although I know about SOA and I want to learn more about it, another reason
why I’ve become interested on Tuscany), so another reason of this email
would be to know which are the priorities for the project. I understand that
GSOC is a perfect opportunity so use extra man-hours to implement things
that can’t be easily achieved during the year with the standard work of
committers (that’s what happened in my last GSOC) and by knowing what the
project needs I can both create a better application and benefit Tuscany
more.

If someone is interested please contact me via the mailing list or directly
via email.

Best regards and thanks for your time,
Pere Villega

Re: [GSOC 2011]Enquiry

Posted by Pere Villega <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm afraid there's been some unexpected changes and will not be able to
present a proposal for GSOC this year :( Thanks for your ideas and support,
I wish the best to all the participants

Best regards,
Pere Villega

Re: [GSOC 2011]Enquiry