Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nadeem Bitar <na...@izucode.com> on 2005/07/04 04:29:46 UTC

[m2] maven surefire plugin

Where can I find documentation for the maven-surefire-plugin. I am
looking on using testng instead of junit to run my tests.

thanks

Re: [m2] maven surefire plugin

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@codehaus.org>.
On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 07:10:54PM +0200, Ralph Pöllath wrote:
> On 04.07.2005, at 04:29, Nadeem Bitar wrote:
> >Where can I find documentation for the maven-surefire-plugin. I am
> >looking on using testng instead of junit to run my tests.
>
> TestNG 2.5 has been released and comes with a maven plugin:
> http://testng.org/doc/maven.html

Not for Maven 2 which was the Maven version in question. Writing a plug-in
for it should be pretty trivial though, hopefully they will write one
themselfs.

--
Trygve

Re: [m2] maven surefire plugin

Posted by Ralph Pöllath <li...@poellath.org>.
On 04.07.2005, at 04:29, Nadeem Bitar wrote:
> Where can I find documentation for the maven-surefire-plugin. I am
> looking on using testng instead of junit to run my tests.

TestNG 2.5 has been released and comes with a maven plugin:
http://testng.org/doc/maven.html

Cheers,
-Ralph.

Re: [m2] maven surefire plugin

Posted by Nadeem Bitar <na...@izucode.com>.
On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 23:59 -0400, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 19:29 -0700, Nadeem Bitar wrote:
> > Where can I find documentation for the maven-surefire-plugin. I am
> > looking on using testng instead of junit to run my tests.
>
> There is just the source for the surefire plugin here:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/components/trunk/maven-
> plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/
>
> And the surefire code itself is here:
>
> http://cvs.surefire.codehaus.org/surefire/
>
> But it would also be great if you wanted to develop a TestNG m2 plugin
> as I'm sure lots of people would be interested in using it.

It would be nice to have at least some javadoc to write a plugin. I
browsed the source and there was almost zero javadoc.

Out of curiosity why is it called surefire? Also what's a Battery?

Re: [m2] maven surefire plugin

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 19:29 -0700, Nadeem Bitar wrote:
> Where can I find documentation for the maven-surefire-plugin. I am
> looking on using testng instead of junit to run my tests.

There is just the source for the surefire plugin here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/components/trunk/maven-
plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/

And the surefire code itself is here:

http://cvs.surefire.codehaus.org/surefire/

But it would also be great if you wanted to develop a TestNG m2 plugin
as I'm sure lots of people would be interested in using it.

> thanks

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org