Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by fnord <li...@libertylost.org> on 2010/10/01 21:43:40 UTC

publishing - some artifacts are fine, some throw 409 error

This one is stumping me.

I've just moved to a new Archiva server (standalone), and upgraded to 1.3.1
in the process. I've got a lot of builds that publish multiple artifacts,
overwriting earlier versions, and haven't had any issues doing so.

Now, though, I'll run a build that publishes 4 artifacts, and 3 will work
fine, the 4th will throw a 409 error. If I manually delete the earlier
version from the server, it will publish once, then the next attempt will
again throw a 409.

I've played with permissions (the server is RHEL5), even setting everything
to 777, and the issue persists.

Any ideas?

Re: publishing - some artifacts are fine, some throw 409 error

Posted by fnord <li...@libertylost.org>.

Wendy Smoak-3 wrote:

> (I wrote to the OP off-list about the duplicates, and he was
> re-submitting after getting a stack trace at Nabble, not realizing the
> messages were actually going through. It should stop now. :) -Wendy)

That was the issue, it's working fine now. Many thanks.

What's odd is that *some* artifacts were allowed to overwrite, while others
were not, so I didn't think this was the issue.

Re: publishing - some artifacts are fine, some throw 409 error

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 3:43 PM, fnord <li...@libertylost.org> wrote:
> I've just moved to a new Archiva server (standalone), and upgraded to 1.3.1
> in the process. I've got a lot of builds that publish multiple artifacts,
> overwriting earlier versions, and haven't had any issues doing so.

What did you upgrade from?  As of 1.3, Archiva has a feature that
prevents overwriting released versions.  See
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-747 .

Check your repository configuration and see if it is enabled -- that's
likely the reason for the 409.

(Your message came through four times, did you have a problem posting
through Nabble?)

--
Wendy