Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2005/06/23 19:29:38 UTC

maven configuration help to get xdoclet to generate WAS 5 specific deploy descr?

I need some help please to figure out how to get xdoclet to genererate was
specific deployment descriptors in maven.

Thank You
Mick Knutson

Sr. Java/J2EE Consultant
BASE logic, inc.
(415) 648-1804 (S.F., CA)
http://www.BASELogic.com

HP Consulting Services (Walnut Creek, CA)

Re: maven configuration help to get xdoclet to generate WAS 5 specific deploy descr?

Posted by Rod Coffin <rf...@gmail.com>.
Mick,
 Oh, I see, you are using the Maven XDoclet plugin. I believe that in this
case you need to define the subtasks that you want run in your
project.properties file. Many of these are defaulted but the websphere
subtask is not. You'll have to manually add it:
 maven.xdoclet.ejbdoclet.websphere.0=true
 There is more information on this at
http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/xdoclet/maven-plugin.html.
 I personally find defining my subtask and attributes in property form a
little awkward. Therefore I actually use the XDoclet ant tasks within my
maven.xml. So my maven.xml would have a section like this:
 <preGoal name="java:compile">
<taskdef name="ejbdoclet" classname="xdoclet.modules.ejb.EjbDocletTask"
classpathref="maven.dependency.classpath"/>
<ejbdoclet destdir="${maven.xdoclet.ejbdoclet.destDir}" force="true">
<fileset dir="${maven.xdoclet.ejbdoclet.srcDir}">
<include name="**/*Bean.java"/>
</fileset>
<deploymentdescriptor destdir="${maven.xdoclet.ejbdoclet.destDir
}/META-INF"/>
<localhomeinterface/>
<localinterface/>
<homeinterface/>
<remoteinterface/>
<session/>
<entitycmp/>
<utilobject/>
<websphere/>
</ejbdoclet>
<path id="ejbdoclet.java.compile.src.set" location="${
maven.xdoclet.ejbdoclet.destDir}" />
<maven:addPath id="maven.compile.src.set" refid="
ejbdoclet.java.compile.src.set" />
</preGoal>
 And I add these definitions to my project.properties:
 maven.xdoclet.ejbdoclet.srcDir=${basedir}/src/java
maven.xdoclet.ejbdoclet.destDir=${maven.build.dir}/xdoclet/ejbdoclet
 Cheers,
 Rod

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Rod Coffin <rf...@gmail.com>.